Crunchy Salt & Pepper Strips
Cooking Time: minutes
||Mt Mercer Pork Stir Fry Strips
||White pepper, ground
||Black pepper, ground
||Grated rind of 1 lime
||Oil for frying
||Garlic aioli to serve
Method: Stove top - Deep Fryer
- Heat oil slowly on a medium heat to 190°C.
- Whisk together the beaten egg and water in a medium bowl. Toss through the pork strips and coat well.
- Shake together the flours, pepper, salt and lime zest in a large plastic bag until well combined.
- Place ½ the pork strips into the bag and shake well to coat strips lightly. Remove and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining strips.
- When the oil is hot cook pork strips in small batches until crisp and golden, drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with garlic aioli or your favourite dipping sauce.
seasoning can also be flavoured with lemon zest or garlic powder or curry powder.